The loveliest thing about spring, or always
You probably know this, but....I am a sucker for flowers. I spot out flowers from a distance, and I'll make my way towards them just for closer inspection. When the garden at home is in bloom and flourishing, I water the flowers, take 50 pictures, and then walk past them a few times in reverie. When the wildflowers are scattered about, I find as many smaller varieties as I possibly can, and I make a small bouquet to carry or tuck into my belt.
Of all the things of God's creation, aren't flowers just the loveliest?
So, naturally, when I was at a garage sale today, I decided to purchase a cheap vase. Which meant (and I apologize sincerely, though not regretfully, to the college) I had to go out and find flowers to fill the vase. And I made a pretty little arrangement for the kitchen table!
Speaking of the garage sale, I have one other purchase I though to share. (I actually bought more as well, but it's for my sister, and it's wrapped and boxed up so that the dishes won't break--it would be way too much work to dig any of those out.) I didn't have much time to look around, but I wanted to find something that was fun and interesting, something that might make up a little for the England china set that I wanted. So, I was just looking for an interesting trinket to buy, when I found this in the mugs:
Oh, yes. I can pay homage to my alma mater every time I make tea, if I want. I think it's from the '80s or '90s, I'm not sure which, but it's "retro"-ish and fun. Besides (so I reasoned with myself), I have no desire to buy one of the mugs in the bookstore because they're so ridiculously expensive. My little mug was only 25 cents :)
The end! So it goes for a Friday.




Comments
Post a Comment