The glories of spring
Today, as I walked passed the old graveyard on my way to buy groceries, I noticed a cluster of purple hidden in the grass. Excited, I stooped over and found violets peeping up at me. I plucked one of the flowers and held it with me during the rest of my journey.
All over, there are cheery daffodils nodding in the breeze, shining bright, crocuses blooming in all their joy, hyacinths demanding the attention of every nose.... The grass is greener than the "grass" colored yarn I have! I have even found the first of green leaves hiding in the woods.
Ah, the glories of spring. It is not, perhaps, as pretty a time as other seasons tend to be. Certainly I have never favored spring over any of the other seasons. Yet, if I simply look up, there is always something to catch my eye.

Comments
Post a Comment