The dreaming months
Winter is the most wonderful time for the imagination. The color schemes of my dreams are subtle, delicate, and fresh. The sky is wrapped in pastels, and the ground is newly paved in white. Harsh and vibrant colors would not fit. I have many dreams and plans rushing through my head of what to knit next, fulfilling my winter-y thoughts, but at the moment I only have works still in progress.
Impulsively I began a cowl today, the color being Aurora Heather. I found the name appropriate for the current frigid weather, as well as the usefulness of baby alpaca cuddled around my neck.
But the impulsive start of the cowl does not mean that the design was impulsive. I have been planning it out for quite some time, deciding how I should shape it so that it is draping-ly warm. Once I finish it, and assuming I like it, I plan to make a pattern out of it.
My other current project is a baby blanket. After a couple weeks of solely working on it, I am almost halfway done. I would like to be finished by the end of January, but we will see how that pans out! The alternating aran patterns keep it interesting, so I have found it enjoyable.
In addition, I have finished a pattern for the shawl I knit back in May. If you would like to test knit it for me, please let me know.
And so the winter goes. How does yours?




Love the look of your baby blanket, so squishy and lovely. My days are filled with knitting and tea drinking, mostly, when I return home from work.I'm re-reading the King Arthur stories written by Rosemary Sutcliff and they are so beautiful. The only worries now-a-days seems to be what to cast on next... Have a peaceful Sunday. x, Elise
ReplyDeleteOur evenings sound very similar! I have never heard of R Sutcliff before, but now I'm intrigued. I'm always looking for good books to read! I hope you Monday has been peaceful, too!
DeleteBeautiful progress on your knits! I agree Winter is the most magical time for knitting. There is so much in this season that inspires the needles.
ReplyDeleteI'm looking out at a heavy snowfall right now, feeling very inspired! I wonder if it's because I love being warm and cozy? Thanks, Andi!
DeleteIt is always fun to read about your knitting and the baby blanket looks great so far. I'd be happy to test knit the shawl and I've been admiring it for a while. I am a very experienced knitter (you can check out my projects on ravelry). Probably a ravelry PM is the best way to get in touch with me.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I am thrilled you're interested in test knitting the shawl. I'll contact you on Ravelry soon :)
DeleteI love winter and everything about it, the cold the dark!! I am knitting away on many projects and quite happily. Love the baby blanket and a cowl is a fun quick project :)
ReplyDeleteI agree about the dark...I'm always a little disappointed when the sun begins to rise a little earlier and set a little later! Have a good week, and happy knitting!
DeleteI would like to test knit your shawl. I promise to do a better job than I did with Wending. :) I love winter too, though where I live it is a bit milder.
ReplyDeleteEven though your Wending hat was different then mine, it DID turn out cool! As for the shawl, I'm currently reworking a few of the charts, but I will send it to you via Ravelry in a couple days. Thanks a bunch :)
Delete