Escape from academia
Everything is all set and done. Tomorrow morning, I can start selling dishtowels and mittens with triumph. And now, at last, I can focus on other "stuffs." Personally, I am looking forward to a more relaxed knitting and weaving atmosphere.
My hope is that Someday I might finish the pink and gold gloves to go along with a cowl I made, which turned out extremely beautiful. Apparently I never put up pictures of this cowl, though I completed it over a month ago. I believe that my thought was that I'd put pictures up of the cowl when I finished the gloves. So, I suppose I will continue in my original thought and wait to draw back the curtain; I guess I will update on them again in another month....
If you fancy the weaving side more than the knitting, here is an update on a new plaid that I am constructing. It's not a very busy plaid, but it has one more color than my buffalo plaid dishtowels. I plan on this towel to have a partner of a matching plaid, only the green and the cranberry will switch places. I think it will be a very pretty set :)
Here are my mittens on my mitten rack. This is the set-up with which I will present my mittens. I am so excited! This is such a weird, different, unique, unknown experience! I am hoping it will turn out well. My aunt and I will be decked out in aprons, standing proudly behind our finished goods. I hope that fate (or a touch of curiosity) will bring you to us. Mayhaps you will even be drawn to purchase!
Comments
Post a Comment