Well worth the wait





We like to keep busy in my family.  Not that we like to go places (we're homebodies, to be honest).  But we like to work with our brains and hands an awful lot.  My mom is expert chef and Sudoku master.  My brother alternates his time between building his quad-copter and perfecting his guitar talent.  My sister does beautiful crafting, which you can check out on her blog.

And my dad?  You may have guessed by the pictures.

My dad is a busy guy; really, he is.  And yet, he has woodworking as a hobby, and gifts furniture to each of us on occasion and as occasions demand.

You may have noticed the bookcase behind me in the shawl pictures that he made for my mom a few years back.  Many years ago, he made a desk for me (which is too littered with paper and stuff for pictures).  Not to mention the entertainment system, the two beds, the two other desks, etc.....

It's such a wonderful gift.  I graduated last May, and here's my reward.  How beautiful, and how lovely.  Thanks, Dad! <3




Comments

  1. These are the best kinds of gifts, I think, Nicole. I have a cedar chest in my possession that was made by my great grandfather for my grandmother - so special :) I'm sure you will treasure yours always. Congratulations on your graduation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine how much you must treasure your chest! How beautiful that it is a legacy that can be passed down, and treasured even still (if not more) :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, what an amazing treasure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gifts from the heart are so meaningful! I suspect it's another reason we love knitting :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, your dad is one skilled wood worker! Those look beautiful, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I agree, he did an amazing job on it! :)

      Delete
  4. oh that is so very beautiful!!! what a lovely gift, a real treasure! :) and lovely pictures of it! will have to check out your sister's blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a great treasure! What's better is that I can store more treasures inside of it :) And if you like card making or paper crafting, I hope you do visit my sister's blog! Thanks!

      Delete
  5. my granddad was a woodworker.....and i have the desk he made. it's one of my most treasured possessions. You just got an heirloom....how lucky lucky you are!!! It's beautiful, because-----I can see the love in that wood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If my dad did half as good of a job that he did, I would still think it the most beautiful piece of furniture in my room :) You're right, love makes all the difference!

      Delete
  6. that is a gift to treasure forever. My dad made each child a toy box and they loved them. I loved knowing that he made them with my children in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so beautiful! It is such a wonderfully personalized gift that he gave to your children. I'm sure those toy boxes were well-loved by them!

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful, very treasured gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it more every day! Certainly my favorite piece of furniture right now :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts