On a glorious August day
The other day, I deleted almost all of my pictures from Picasa because the memory was too small to hold my pictures.... I feel like I don't even need to explain the effect of my foolish, foolish action. I could hardly believe what I had done. Every post, from August 7 of this year to when I started this dear blog, every post was pictureless. The offensive black squares with stupid dashes in the middle showed up in their place. What a terrible lesson to learn.
There was another result of this foolery, though. As I was archiving the first year and a half of posts, I was able to glance over and see everything I had written. It was interesting--while reading some of them, I felt the same as I do when I read old stories I had written years ago.
Speaking of old stories, I sometime should introduce Captain Winstar and his first mate Burguoy. Or maybe the adventure story of the girl who, by pretending to be a boy, was known as a top-notch archer. There's even one of my later ones, where two young people mysteriously end up in another world where only one other boy lives in a hut.
And, not speaking of dishtowels, here are my completed seven. (I have the first picture posted just because of my fascination with plaid.)
that plaid is so beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThank you! It's certainly fun to make :)
Deleteoh, they do make a lovely pile, don't they? one of my favorite things about making a bunch of stuff at once. a satisfying pile.
ReplyDeletebtw, glorious photos from out west...