Spring mittens
This is a kind of quick post just to document the conclusion of the second pair of May Breezes mittens. I finished them on Thursday (I think?) and had them blocking on Friday and Saturday. Now, they are ready to go to their rightful owner this week. They turned out great, I am pleased to say. And they blocked so well--I was very happy with the result.
Sometimes I think back to the time when I thought blocking was silly and pointless, and I let myself chuckle over my foolishness. The magic of blocking is wonderful, wonderful. Wool plus blocking equals absolute beauty.
I have four pictures below for viewing purposes. The mittens start at the third, in case you are interested in observing them. The cord that you see in the second and fourth pictures was made for presentation purposes; I always want my commissioned projects to be somewhat decorative when I give them to their owners. I believe I'll make a tag as well, but I haven't gotten around to it yet, unfortunately.
That's all! I have to continue to think about my homework for this week and the next few succeeding ones this afternoon. May your afternoon be less dull!
Comments
Post a Comment