Déjà vu, hot tea, and sunshine

We're into March, and yet it still seems that winter hasn't left us.  It makes sense, then, that I am still knitting winter gear, right?  I am right now making another pair of my May breezes, this time on commission.



One thing that I have noticed is that my knitting seems to have gotten tighter over this year, at least since I made these mittens last.  The more comfortable I am with knitting, apparently, the tighter I choose to knit.  I believe is a good thing, too:  uniformity is best achieved by a controlled, tight gauge.

And uniformity is definitely a good thing when projects' lifespans begin to grow.

I now have three projects in the works that are not wholly completed.  In fact, none of them are relatively close, which is why I have shied away from blogging these past few weeks.  As usual, it is frustrating; I need to be more conscious about allowing myself to knit.

Eventually, we will see finished mittens, a finished blanket, and a finished sweater on this blog.  I'm particularly excited for the sweater, but it still will be a while yet on that one.

Here's something exciting, though:  I get to speak on the Campaign for Wool in one of my classes next week!  I will be presenting it in my Strategic Management class as an industry strategy for wool, that it was created in order to improve the wool market.  At the moment, I plan on explaining the Campaign for Wool's strategy by (1) highlighting the plight of natural fibers, (2) explaining the goals and hopes of the campaign, and (3) how the campaign uses education (and ties to royalty) in order to fulfill its goals.

This may be one of the only presentations I have actually been excited for.  But I know so much about it!  And I love wool so much!  I am thrilled.

In fact, my poor classmates will have to suffer through being educated on wool themselves....  I plan on handing out a wool "fact sheet" from the Campaign for Wool's website.  Yay for wool!

Enjoy the weekend!



Comments

Popular Posts