One long breath
When you are laying on a fluffy bed with a fresh breeze on your feet, listening to the leaves rustle with loud applause and smelling the dewy morning air, you could wish that you could never move again. You could be content your whole life if only to linger a little longer to daydream and conspire.
Now, please do not get the wrong impression; I have been awake for over well three hours now! To write this post, though, I retreated back into my room and threw myself back onto my bed to enjoy this perfect moment.
Thirty-two hours of work for four days, zero for three! How wonderful that this is only the start of a long weekend.
With that being the case, let me catch up on some of the things I have been doing. First of all, I made a cowl for my dear sister, and I liked how it turned out. It's partly someone else's design, and I partly improvised. Definitely hybrid, and definitely wool. I regret to say that I don't have a picture to show you.
I've also been making another bag, just for kicks and giggles (haha...such a weird saying). For a summery-ish look, I made it "bohemian," if that's even the right term. My mom still says it doesn't look summery, but that's mainly because acrylic yarn is so heavy-looking. I don't mind how it turned out really, for it cost nothing and took only two days. In the end, I have another bag to tote my phone in when I bike. And I do like how it turned out for the most part.
The last thing to share is the weaving project that I did. (I LOVE LOVE LOVE my loom.) This project was also leftover acrylic yarn; it was for a baby blanket that I made probably two years ago, and I never used the yarn for anything in particular except for bad projects that I had to scrap. This project didn't turn out bad, but I miscalculated and it's not as wide as I would have hoped. I wanted it to be a wrap, but it might be a nice cool summer evening scarf. White with a hint of sea green.... If I wanted to be a true artist, I would say that it represents the sea foam that drifts among the rocks at the shore.
Confession: I think one of my favorite daydreams is to own a beautiful summer cottage by the seashore. I would own a boat, and all my outfits would coordinate nicely with the atmosphere. I would have five pairs of different colored boat shoes, flowing dresses of light material, straighter dresses of nautical stripes, beautifully colored cotton sweaters....
all of it lovely, including the daydreams :-)
ReplyDeletewhen you get that cottage by the sea, I'm TOTALLY crashing you!