The Smell of Rain
The smell of rain and the sound of thunder.... Surprisingly, I am experiencing both right now as I sit in my tank-top beneath my open windows. The summery breeze drifting into my room is blowing the pages of my calendar on my wall. I think it's trying to turn the page to June.
Oh, this weather has been glorious! March weather is grim and grey, not humid and sunny, and yet here I am smelling rain and hearing thunder. I certainly cannot complain.
I wish I had taken pictures these past few days of the glory. Of course, it is fairly impossible to capture the idea of "warmth," no matter how sunny, when the trees are still bare and the grass has a dead-brown hue, so I will have to resort to the description alone. Here is my best image: sitting out in your bare feet and t-shirt on the grass, smelling the fresh dirt underneath, feeling your hair fly about in the wind, and hearing a chorus of birds flutter all around.
The images posted are from today. If it looks a good deal like March, I agree. Just remember that I was walking around in shorter pants and a tank top taking these photos (and barefoot, as is only right).
And yes, I have been knitting all this while. Let's just say I fell into another one of my weekend whims...
First of all, I'm making a mitten. Second of all, I'm making it inside-out. I never thought of knitting a glove inside-out before, and if I had, I passed off the idea as inconvenient and crazy. Who knew that it is actually the best idea for knitting multiple-colored mittens ever? I don't have to estimate how long my little drifter things have to be! I saw a picture on Ravelry of a person knitting a mitten this way, and ever since, I wanted to see how it worked. Basically, knitting mittens as such is 5,000,000,000 times easier.
Another interesting point of knitting this thing: I have been knitting it outside on these perfectuous days! And, since it has a pattern I must follow, I made an image of it and put it on my Nook. Now, I may cart all my knitting our of doors quite comfortably.
Anything else? Nope, just open windows and the smell of a thunderstorm blown away.
Oh, this weather has been glorious! March weather is grim and grey, not humid and sunny, and yet here I am smelling rain and hearing thunder. I certainly cannot complain.
I wish I had taken pictures these past few days of the glory. Of course, it is fairly impossible to capture the idea of "warmth," no matter how sunny, when the trees are still bare and the grass has a dead-brown hue, so I will have to resort to the description alone. Here is my best image: sitting out in your bare feet and t-shirt on the grass, smelling the fresh dirt underneath, feeling your hair fly about in the wind, and hearing a chorus of birds flutter all around.
The images posted are from today. If it looks a good deal like March, I agree. Just remember that I was walking around in shorter pants and a tank top taking these photos (and barefoot, as is only right).
And yes, I have been knitting all this while. Let's just say I fell into another one of my weekend whims...
First of all, I'm making a mitten. Second of all, I'm making it inside-out. I never thought of knitting a glove inside-out before, and if I had, I passed off the idea as inconvenient and crazy. Who knew that it is actually the best idea for knitting multiple-colored mittens ever? I don't have to estimate how long my little drifter things have to be! I saw a picture on Ravelry of a person knitting a mitten this way, and ever since, I wanted to see how it worked. Basically, knitting mittens as such is 5,000,000,000 times easier.
Another interesting point of knitting this thing: I have been knitting it outside on these perfectuous days! And, since it has a pattern I must follow, I made an image of it and put it on my Nook. Now, I may cart all my knitting our of doors quite comfortably.
Anything else? Nope, just open windows and the smell of a thunderstorm blown away.
5,000,000,000 times easier? I think you're starting to sound like me :) Can't wait to see you Saturday!
ReplyDelete