Kites and Lions and Things Like March
All last night, the wind roared and roared, and then when I woke up, it roared some more. My trek over to the library made me laugh more than once, because I almost blew away except for my fat math textbooks holding me down!
It makes me think of colors like white with purple sprays of flowers, or little white kites with a quaint red tails. All of this seems very March-y to me, and it's kind of nice now that it really is March. It's funny how a winter-long March still isn't March until March actually comes....
At the present moment, I'm eating my Easter-colored, chocolate-covered almonds and thinking about how the ideal Nicole would be doing more discrete math right now. But, after some reflection, I decided that evenings are not the most motivational period of the day for homework but mornings or afternoons are instead best suited to academic study. I have been productive all day, anyway. So, that is why I am eating my chocolate and writing a post, and I'm not really regretting it. (Only, I should put the bag of chocolate away!)
This is not too random of a post, I hope. I have some pictures of my projects that I quickly took just before sitting down to my computer. Please forgive the absolute awful way I took them! What I should have done is taken them during the day, when I could have natural light, and on a surface other than my ugly rug. Unfortunately, I took them at night on my ugly rug, so you'll have to excuse the interesting dark color behind the items.
I feel bad that the pictures look so dark and weird as they do--I feel so much like white with purple flower sprays or little white kites with quaint red tails!
With some leftover yarn, I am making the scarf thing above. It's simple, I know, but I have been experimenting with garter stitch in order to reconcile myself to the look. I am prejudiced against garter stitch, but I know it can look very nice. Therefore, I am teaching myself how to value its simplicity (I think). This thing is working so fast too, since I've only spent some hours yesterday on it. Hopefully I can finish it by the end of the weekend.
Now, that picture is of my sister's sweater that I am still plugging away at. This may take me a while; hence, I have taken a break on another small project. Don't worry, I'll get at it again soon! It's turning our so well, I only hope that it really WILL turn out well. Ah well, a few months or so more and we shall see.
Last but not least...or maybe actually the least...I have the finished phone case! Kind of fun, I dare say. I padded it with poly-fill, you know. But, if anything, I love the colors the most. A few posts ago I have a picture that better represents the colors, if you're curious
Hm. Anything else? Nope, this is all. I think I might sit on my clean bed and knit for the rest of the night. It'll prep me for the work I have to do tomorrow, right?
we HAVE had a winter long march, haven't we? And you DO have a sad, ugly dorm rug :-) Love the knitting and stitching though, dear. ALWAYS. I need to call you or email... Shall do now quickly.
ReplyDeleteAL