Parables of a determined sewer



At this moment my family members are either groaning or laughing.  They may be doing both.

Yes, yes, I know.  These urges WILL come, and I always follow suit and start sewing something.  It's like a disease...or a weakness.  I laugh at the idea at first, but then I start to think of the Possibilities, and once those are involved, the whole world of fashion seems to open its arms wide and say, "Just try it again!"




I do admit, I sincerely have an interest in the construction of fashions.  By observation while I'm shopping, I fix in my head what era each piece is trying to imitate.  I decide improvements on the articles, and I try to find ways to make them more flattering.

There is nothing more intriguing than the puzzle of creating flattering clothing articles.  Because, no, not every current fashion is flattering.

But that is treading into dangerous waters!  Fashion is a touchy subject, as opinions rule it.  My idea of flattering could be far different from yours, and both of us have a million good reasons why that idea is right.




In any case, the other day, I happened upon BurdaStyle patterns, and I felt ridiculously inspired.  Once I saw the trouser pattern using jersey fabric, I was SOLD.

Because I am sewing does NOT mean that I am bored with my knitting, as my mom initially suggested to me (when she first tried to dissuade me from sewing).  My striped sweater is coming along nicely.  I am basically up to the armholes, which is exciting.  Just one or two more stripes, and I will divide the stitches for the front and the back.





And that has been my weeknights lately, as well as weekends!  March is here, and not bringing as much change as I had hoped.  Therefore, I bought flowers the other day, and am still hoping that the sunflower will open for me....

I hope your last couple weeks were nice!  March is just rolling along now.






Comments

  1. i do wish i had your sewing abilities....to see something and know what will work for your body type and what won't!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steph! It is a fun skill to try to learn...and rewarding if I'm able to actually finish something that I like! Which, I'll be honest, doesn't happen every time :) But I guess mistakes are all part of the learning!

      Delete
  2. My first comment got deleted! Ugh! But I basically said I can't wait to see the pants! They'll be so fun and comfortable to wear and lounge around! I'm always impressed with what you pull out of a sewing machine when you get hit by the sewing bug every blue moon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they only turn out well every blue moon, too! Mom hasn't been too thrilled by some of my sewing ideas that I've thrown at her! I stress her out ;)

      Delete
  3. i can sew but it's not my passion. I do admire those who have the passion! Can't wait to see them all sewn up and on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! I am very, very, very excited to finish them! My passion is always to zealous, though, so I'm trying to learn to slow down and not improvise as much :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts