B-r-r-r-r
Today is a Winter Day. Tomorrow will be too, only more so since temperatures are supposed to be as cold as the walk-in freezer at my first job.
I think I'll stay inside, please.
In fact, it will be good if I can stay inside and motivated enough to get my head back into knitting. I have been attempting for three too many days to get a pair of fingerless gloves done for my mom. And I am getting so frustrated with the one.... I had to restart the dumb thing this morning after trying to tear out mistakes for too many hours.
Restarting something is often so necessary, and yet so frustrating! My only consolation is that I like how the the first glove turned out.
Future things to keep in mind, however:
- Remember that the thumb sits closer to the palm than the back of the hand, which means that the thumb gusset should be placed in the palm's pattern.
- Aran patterns are inconvenient with double pointed needles.
- When using fingering weight yarn, be sure to use more pointy needles--the steel ones I used are very dull.
Comments
Post a Comment