Sitting down
The whirlwind is past! It has blown by at last.
Christmas week was remarkably busy (if just for the fact that I knitted way too many projects way to fast). There was travelling, there was visiting, and it was all in all delightful.
On top of all that, I got to smile and show off what I am particularly proud of....
I have been working on that sweater for my brother since the end of October. It was quite the feat, considering that I was modifying a vintage pattern. Like every project, the fear builds and builds as I near the end--would it fit him? would he like it? would he think it looked homemade?
I was THRILLED by his response. THRILLED. And I still am. It is the greatest accomplishment of mine yet. I am one step closer to proving the point that man rules over the machine!
So there. I made other things as well, all quick and from the inspiration of my mind. Overall, I am fairly pleased with how these turned out:
The chevron mittens I have been wanting to make for a while. I acquired a number of brightly colored wool/mohair skeins at a yarn swap, and the thought appealed to me at once. My sister had bugged me about it in the past, so I quickly up and made them a few days before Christmas. It was kind of surprising...but each mitten only took me a day of relaxed knitting.
One of the hats was a commission (the latter of the pictures), and the other hat was done for my sister. I am so used to knitting with smaller needles now (such as the size US 3 needles that I used for the aforementioned sweater) that it was really strange knitting with fat ones. Although more stitches are involved, I think I still prefer the little needles!
I was in a wedding as well this weekend for two friends. It was beautiful and wonderful to be a part of--I am very happy for them both! It was quite the experience as well. Unfortunately, I have had very minimal experience with weddings, so it's probably a good thing I was able to learn the particulars first-hand.
Thus my whirlwind was not over until I was able to sit down yesterday and read a book. It was nice. I think I'll do the same today.
Cheers!
Christmas week was remarkably busy (if just for the fact that I knitted way too many projects way to fast). There was travelling, there was visiting, and it was all in all delightful.
On top of all that, I got to smile and show off what I am particularly proud of....
I have been working on that sweater for my brother since the end of October. It was quite the feat, considering that I was modifying a vintage pattern. Like every project, the fear builds and builds as I near the end--would it fit him? would he like it? would he think it looked homemade?
I was THRILLED by his response. THRILLED. And I still am. It is the greatest accomplishment of mine yet. I am one step closer to proving the point that man rules over the machine!
So there. I made other things as well, all quick and from the inspiration of my mind. Overall, I am fairly pleased with how these turned out:
The chevron mittens I have been wanting to make for a while. I acquired a number of brightly colored wool/mohair skeins at a yarn swap, and the thought appealed to me at once. My sister had bugged me about it in the past, so I quickly up and made them a few days before Christmas. It was kind of surprising...but each mitten only took me a day of relaxed knitting.
One of the hats was a commission (the latter of the pictures), and the other hat was done for my sister. I am so used to knitting with smaller needles now (such as the size US 3 needles that I used for the aforementioned sweater) that it was really strange knitting with fat ones. Although more stitches are involved, I think I still prefer the little needles!
I was in a wedding as well this weekend for two friends. It was beautiful and wonderful to be a part of--I am very happy for them both! It was quite the experience as well. Unfortunately, I have had very minimal experience with weddings, so it's probably a good thing I was able to learn the particulars first-hand.
Thus my whirlwind was not over until I was able to sit down yesterday and read a book. It was nice. I think I'll do the same today.
Cheers!
Comments
Post a Comment