3 Weeks at an End

My three weeks are at an end.  My three weeks of zero responsibilities, of nothingness, of decent food, of incessant knitting, of simple daydreaming, of ambitious planning, and of delicious reading  is at an end.  I half believe that I miscalculated and it has only been 1 and 1/2, and I half believe I have been away from school for eternity.  Hm.

I have been more productive than I believed I would be, though.  Previous posts show all the previous winter break stuff 'n nonsense, and this post is where they end.

First, my one young cousin received an American Girl doll for Christmas.  My mother suggested I knit something for her doll.  You know, for fun.  Except....I've noticed I don't particularly like making stuff for dolls or toys.  They don't respond to it.  Yes, the child might, but....  It's weird, I know, but it takes me A LOT of motivation to knit or make anything for play.

However, I did it, and this is what I got:  the Kirsten Skating Outfit.






It's not the best bit of knitting you've ever seen, but it turned out well enough.  My cousin's doll will have both a new hat and a new sweater dress (with snowflake detail).

I had to dig poor old Kirsten out of the closet to have fittings and a photo-shoot.  I love that dear old doll.

Now, I present the next set of pictures.

My friends laughed at me as I departed from school, saying that I would return 200 lb. heavier and with 20 scarves hanging around my neck.  I defended myself by claiming I do NOT make scarves.

That is, I did not make scarves until I got a loom for Christmas.  On this loom, one can only weave rectangular pieces of fabric, and none of them can be very wide.  Hence, it is a scarf loom.  Or, it is a blanket loom if I sewed sections of scarves together.  But I did not make a blanket, I made scarves.

Here are my four:





Weaving, in my defense, is much quicker than knitting.  I probably can make a scarf a day on my loom.  And also, don't tease me for my excessive amounts of scarves either.  When your parents present you with a loom for Christmas, you do not just let it sit around and collect dust; you use the loom given to you.  So, I used my loom.

Therefore, don't criticize!  Just admire and expect one in the future as a present.

Comments

  1. I love the red plaid one ~ I bet people who didn't know you made these would believe that you did it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. skating dress is super cute, in spite if the lack of motivation :-)

    and those scarves are LOVELY!!! and i want one. for real. i've been looking at some pretty plaid scarves lately....

    and let's be good and be sure to get together this semester, shall we?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment