Sweet dreams
Tomorrow at 6 a.m. I travel once again.
I have never been able to sleep well on the eve of a trip, even one of pleasure. There is the preparation to leave, and then there is the leaving. Getting somewhere is fine and dandy, but you have to leave first.
It's such a shame you have to leave in order to arrive.
Transitions have never come easy to me, big or small; mind, it has nothing to do with the little anxieties over forgetting things. The feeling is so intangible that I do not know how to describe it. There is some sort of great sadness that wells up in me, with that nagging idea of having left little pieces of myself behind.
In honor of transitions, I have a new project for my flight tomorrow. It will be a blue and white striped scarf, the blue being a beautiful yarn by Dragonfly Fibers, which I purchased in Washington D.C. last fall. Both yarns are lace-weight. The pattern will be stockinette in the round, alternating stripes, and then grafted together at the very end to make it an infinity scarf.
Infinitely transitioning between the lustrous blue and the soft white stripes.
We can only ever be one person at a time, so transitions are inevitable. It truly is such a shame to leave, but when we choose to be lead by Christ, there is much beauty promised in arriving.
Even as I wander, that promise is what I rest on.
You came near when I called you,
and you said, ‘Do not fear.’
Lamantations 3:57


Have a wonderful trip and rejoice that you have left a part of yourself behind that improved someone else's life.
ReplyDelete