The luxuries of rain



I have chosen my spot today, a nook where I have been enjoying the glorious feeling of doing nothing.  My week has been (in my humble opinion) terribly busy, and I am only too happy to be sitting with my sweater to knit and a book to read.

My sweater, which I first mentioned two months ago, is moving along nicely.  After a few months of hectic living, I am settling back in, slowing back down, and finishing what I have begun.  The Gibraltar Henley has been a consistently enjoyable sweater to knit, and it has been coming together nicely.





Here are some of my other new enjoyments:  an old, film camera with some fancy lenses that I am learning to use, as well as a bowl of succulents kindly given for my birthday this past week.





And, of course, here are some of the promised lighthouses.  There are so many lighthouses on Prince Edward Island that they became less of a novelty to me while I was still there.  But I enjoy looking back at them, and since coming home, I find them more precious.  I hope you enjoy them, too!


Wood Islands




East Point



Cavendish




North Cape







Comments

  1. What tranquility in these photos! One of the best things I know is when I get the time to switch between reading and knitting, my two favourite things to do. The lighthouses are also so so beautiful, there's just something about lighthouses, don't you think? They were my number one favourite thing to scout for on my family's many sailing trips when I was a girl. Have a lovely time with your books and wool, Nicole.
    xx, Elise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There IS just something about lighthouses! Your sailing trips sound like something out of a story to me. I would love to hear more about those! I hope you have been enjoying your holiday, knitting and reading all you can!

      Delete
  2. What a perfect day! Rainy days are also my best excuse to escape from everything and just knit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, how true! I never want to go anywhere when it rains, so I make the most of my solitude. Thanks :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday! I love succulents. They are such wonderful houseplants. Your photos of the lighthouses are wonderful! So is the beautiful blue of your sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I have never done well with houseplants...so I am hoping that the succulent continues to thrive, as it has been for over a week now! If I begin to get worried, I'll know who to go to answer my questions ;)

      Delete
  4. I just got my dad's old film nikon camera and a nice zoom lens that is compatible with my dslr. Joy!! I love your rainy day photo and your fun stuff you have. The lighthouses are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How nice that the lens is compatible! Apparently not all of mine would be, if I did even have a dslr. But I should be getting my first roll of film back developed, so we'll see if I can just use the camera with film and be fine! Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. have fun with that camera!!!! (kicking myself for getting rid of my film camera...:( ) The Henley is looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am having fun with it! I am enjoying the excitement that comes with the anticipation of developed film. Who knew you had to wait for it? ;) Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Happy belated birthday! I hope it was wonderful. the lighthouse photos are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts