Perfect satisfaction


Yesterday, I came home from work to find my mom handing me a letter.  On opening it, I found such a pleasant surprise I had to share:  a watercolor painting of sheep!  I am now on the hunt for the perfect frame for such a lovely painting as this.  My friend called her skills "rusty," but I can't think why!  Thank you, Holly!

The turquoise necklace that you see was an interesting find from a couple weeks ago.  My friend and I meandered up to a small, quaint town called Lewiston, which consequently is very old and very historic, considering that it is near Fort Niagara and rather close to Canada.  While there, I picked up a "souvenir" of a turquoise pin in an antique shop.  But, because I don't wear pins, I turned it into a necklace.

I love how it turned out.


But wait!  What is that sweater!  Is that what I've been working on for so long?


Yes!  My sweater is done!  And I love it!

Project notes:

  • I used lace-weight yarn, a bare, white merino and did the stripes in mohair/silk.
  • The sweater was knit with size 3 needles, and the ribbing on the neck and sleeves was knit with size 1 needles.
  • For the sleeves, I picked up stitches at the cap of the shoulder and used short rows to pick up the rest around the armhole.  Then I knit the sleeve from the top down.  (I would like to do a post sometime about my technique for this.)

I hope it makes you think of waves and oceans and sailboats.  It makes me think of these things!



I may have to do another photo-shoot-thing sometime in order to get a few more shots.  The lighting inside today is horrendously dark, and the weather outside is windy and wet!  But these pictures give a pretty good idea of it.

About the weather...I think spring is here!  The grass is turning a brilliant green, and the temperatures are climbing up above 45 degrees F.  Are you seeing any pretty flowers yet?  How is spring for you?






Comments

  1. I love special mail days from friends- the best!
    How gorgeous your pullover turned out. Considering most things you make turn out beautiful, it was sort of given.:)
    One of the perks of living here in Sunny AZ, Spring comes early. Glad to hear your temps are on the rise, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a compliment! Thank you, Andi!

      I guess now that we're moving onto spring in NY, you'll start heading into summer soon, huh? I love the vast range geography of this country! Have a lovely rest of your weekend :)

      Delete
  2. the pullover is GORGEOUS!!!! Love love love it!!!


    (Is Art Park still there? When we lived on Grand Island, I hauled my kids up there at least twice a week. At the time....in the late 70s....it was free and the kids LOVED climbing on all the sculptures and crafting in all the tents and storytelling in the amphitheatre. It was a mom's dream come true!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Steph!!! Yes, the Art Park is still there! I live in the Southtowns, so I don't get up there very often, but I know that it is still around, and gives lots of concerts! I should probably put it on my list of summer things to do.... :)

      Delete
  3. That sweater looks absolutely perfect! And I really love that turquoise pin, I'm so glad you found a way to update it so it incorporates smoothly into your wardrobe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kat!! I'm glad that turning the pin into a necklace actually worked! It was such an ad hoc project, I'm a little surprised that I didn't ruin the pin completely. Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  4. I simply had to comment on your blog also - this jumper/tunic is just stunning! I love the way you've made use of the wave pattern combined with the colours and the fuzz of the mohair yarn, it was such a clever, thought-through idea that worked brilliantly in the garment itself. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have to admit...the idea wasn't really mine! Sunbonnetgirl on Ravelry gave me the suggestion of a waved jumper. I loved her idea, so that's what I did! I am very, very happy with how it turned out! It's always a relief when a project is finished and OK!

      Your Hawser jumper looks like it will be fantastic! I love that rich color! BT patterns always look so amazing, but I'm such a cheapskate.... Can't wait to see how it finishes!!

      Delete
  5. gorgeous sweater!! You kept that one a secret because I do not remember this one. Lovely fit and drape. I hope you find the perfect frame for a lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen! I am very happy about the fit and the drape! I have to admit, I'm not always very good about doing work-in-progress posts :) Have a good week!

      Delete
  6. The sweater is beautiful, and so summery! We're having a very slow-starting spring here: just the earliest flowers, and not even daffodils yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much!! It is now my favorite sweater, I think. Our daffodils are almost in bloom, so much that the tips are turning yellow, and I'm very excited for the day that they burst open! I'm so happy to see colors outside again, and sunshine :)

      Delete
  7. You did a wonderful job, Nicole! And its so perfect for this time of year, too. What a lovely painting, I see no traces of rust at all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Leigh! Yes, it is perfect for this time of year; light in color, but still very warm...which is always a necessity for me :) Hope you're having a good week!

      Delete
  8. The sweater is beautiful on you Nicole- so original - love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It is definitely one of my favorites now :) Have a lovely week!

      Delete
  9. I am totally in love with your sweater! So so darling, but that isn't the right word but beautiful sounds so generic for what I want to say! I really enjoyed reading your "just me" section; I find that my hope in Christ creating all things new inspires a deep love of beauty and creativity in me and it is inspiring and challenging to see that in others' lives as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah, that means a lot to me! Thank you for your compliment, and also for reminding me of my own words! I agree, it is both inspiring and challenging to see others living out of their hope in Christ. Renews my own hope every day :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts