Wool and silk


Lengthy projects mean lengthy spaces between blog posts, I'm afraid.  I am not even done with this project yet!  It is going to be a pretty great cardigan, though, and completely worth the wait.  If only knitting with lace sized yarn and size 2 needles didn't take forever and ever and ever and ever....

The yarn I chose is KnitPicks Gloss, a beautiful blend of wool and silk.  I wanted a REALLY nice black cardigan for work, not the normal stiff cotton type that I've always had.  Considering how it looks so far (and how wonderful it fits), I would have to say that I'm thrilled!  Once I finish it, I'll give more details on the construction of the sweater.

Overall, I consider it to be my master's thesis in knitting.  I'm headed toward my doctorate, but not quite yet....

In any case, I started my cardigan at the very end of August, and now almost halfway into October, I'm a little over halfway done.  But I'm getting there!  At least I know I'll be done before Christmas.

If only there was a way I could be at work and knit at the same time....wouldn't that be nice?



Comments

  1. It looks wonderful! Lace weight does take forever, but so worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The hardest part is being faithful enough to knit a bit of it every day. I just hope I don't run out of steam! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts