To wend by roads unknown
Stash-busting is a very practical concept. The idea is that, instead of buying yarn, you attempt to use up yarns that have accumulated in your "stash." By stash-busting, you find yourself restrained from purchasing new yarns, and you enter into the somewhat of an interesting puzzle to determine what to do with such-and-such skein.
Unfortunately, my stash has a lot of small, miscellaneous balls of yarn. So...I'm going to have to make a lot of hats and mittens. But mostly hats.
Hats, hats, hats.
I don't need that many hats.... Can you guess what I'll be doing with the lot of them?
My hat collection isn't TOO big yet, but I've already added another one to the list. It's really a cute hat, being more modern than funky and more sleek than warm. But it is 100% wool, worked with an interesting herringbone stitch pattern for the body of the hat and additional texture for the decreasing. I worked the rim of the hat with an i-cord bind-off done on smaller needles. And, of course, I finished it off with a big, puffy pom-pom: a combination of some remaining scraps of bulky wool and the Fisherman's wool that I used for the hat.
This is the type of hat where, in the late afternoon of some brisk day, you wander off to daydream under the golden crown of a birch.
Or maybe that's just me!
Comments
Post a Comment