Under blue skies, in summer breeze

We have quite the mound of wildflowers growing in one of our flower beds.  I hadn't realized that ALL the seeds would sprout, and so, when I planted them, I dumped the entire bag of seeds in a very small radius.  Thus:  mound of wildflowers.

But they look and smell pretty, so it doesn't really matter.


First and firstly, I took the opportunity today of getting a few pictures of that sweater I made my brother.  I would never dream of trying to make Michael pose, so I took some shots of the beast on its own.  I wanted pictures of the sweater, what the whole of it looks like and so on, just for future reference and etc.  The Christmas Day pictures have not cut it for me.

Of course, I'm learning that alpaca is not an easy fiber to photograph.  Its fuzziness is a bit overwhelming for the normal camera lens, even if the yarn is only half alpaca.



Also, I made another one of those '70s skirts.  The white one I made the other week was my test one, made of cheap, clearance rack polyester.  Certainly, I made it hoping that it would be usable in the end, but the skirt was not made specifically for use.

The same day I bought the clearance polyester, I had come across a wool blend suiting fabric.  Being the wool fiend that I am, I determined that I needed to buy that fabric to make a fall skirt out of the pattern.  The white fabric was my test, the wool fabric was my pride.

Happily, I found that this skirt is even better than the last.  It fits better, the fabric lays better (yay wool), it clasps better, and it even irons better.




My admission must come next:  I'm getting a little sewed-out.  A '70s shirt sewing project turned out a little TOO '70s, the sweaters I have started aren't getting finished, and my celebratory sock yarn (yes, I bought yarn to celebrate my job) is not being turned into socks.

Sewing is nice and all, but I am fine with my inspiration only coming in spurts now and again.  Knitting is a ton more convenient than sewing can ever be.

And I just need to finish the one sweater's sleeve....




Comments

Popular Posts