Leaning towards winter
I love this time of year. I watch the temperature and forecast, waiting for arctic air to blow its way down here. Personally, I would not mind ten feet of snow during the winter. I realize this is not ideal to most, but my imagination is wild over the idea of snow piling up to the windowsills.
Snow is just one of those things I find wonderful in life. It is beyond beautiful, and if I am cozily sitting inside near a window, I can gaze out at the scene easily for hours.
So, as we head further into November, I start dreaming of days with temperatures in the negative degrees (Fahrenheit) and great snow storms that keep us shut in our houses for a few days. Not that these things actually happen that much (really, they never do), I just enjoy dreaming about them. Don't ask me why. I just always want it to be a little bit colder and a little bit snowier.
I suppose that my love for winter contributes to my knitting love--not that I only knit in the winter, because that is certainly not true. Whatever.
Transition to knitting: I knitted some. My mom mentioned that a hat I made her however-many-years-ago was too small and didn't cover her ears completely. I knew this, and I have often regretted that I never made her another one that actually was warmer, but I just never made one.
This week, starting last Sunday when my mom mentioned her problem, I finally made that hat. And, indeed, it is long enough! I made it out of a beautifully heathered yarn that is mostly blue, but with cranberry and green threads mixed inside and yellow flecks that stand out here and there. You can see the pictures of the hat below. The top picture is better at illustrating the colors inside of the yarn.
Happy knitting!


Comments
Post a Comment