Wool pictures

I never really enjoy taking pictures of my knitting.  Most of the time, I simply find it frustrating that I cannot capture the stitches and the colors just right; the pictures look blurry and sad to me.  My little camera is unable to capture anything knitted very well, and although my parents' camera is much, much better, it is obvious that the pictures are still missing some sort of edge.

That was when my cunning brother discovered the world of bracketed exposures and HDR (high dynamic range) photography.  Now I can have my own strangely nice-looking "Instagram" pictures without any sort of Apple device:


Of course, now that my brother has left for college, I have to experiment with the programs and camera by my own wit.  That is why the picture above looks Instagram-ish and not real-ish.  Someday I'll get the colors right....


This second picture's a little better on the realism.  Though, I guess it's not hard to show a blue and white mitten to be blue and white.  Not too bad up close, right?

Unfortunately, I'm leaving for college myself next week, which means I probably won't be experimenting too much with all this.  At least I have progressed a little further into what it takes to create nice pictures of wool!


Comments

Popular Posts