Before we say goodbye
Tonight, I embark on a journey to the other side of the world. I find it almost remarkable that this is the truth. Yet, it is, and for the next two weeks I will be traversing through the cities and towns of England and Scotland. Have no fear, there will be many pictures to share!
As my semester ended last Thursday, I have (of course) found time to get some knitting in. There was one project in particular that I wish to share: a new cashmere cowl. I aim to wear it on a chilly, rainy day during this trip :)
The fun part of the pattern is the lace. I used a fan lace pattern, which blocked very nicely. Prior to blocking, the cowl looked almost lumpy--now it is very smooth. (The funny part is that I used to be confused and annoyed with the thought of blocking. Now, I find it almost miraculous!) And the cowl is soft around my neck; cashmere is so lovely in that regard.
I will be returning in approximately two weeks. Until then!
Comments
Post a Comment