Dusty snow, stale sheets, and a buzzing lamp
After staring at computer screens all day, I am kind of wondering why I took the trouble to turn on my laptop and type up this post. It may be that my stress is so wonderfully depleted that my creativity has been bubbling to the surface again. I dare say, my creative mind is coming back to life.
This past week and a half was incredibly...stressful. So much so that I lost all motivation to be anything productive, including being productive in relation to knitting (not that I had much time for it, anyway). I have found that, if I am on Facebook and Pinterest and YouTube instead of knitting, my stress level is fairly high! Strange phenomenon? Probably not. My theory is that I am simply looking for easy, mindless entertainment to save me from the millions of words on accounting and business law and computer science.
Ah, but at last! I have some relief. And thus, I am writing this post.
While I'm at it, I could venture to tell a little of what I have been doing, in regard to knitting. Most of all, I want to mention that I am reading A History of Hand Knitting, written by Richard Rutt. The book is extremely fascinating, and very informative as well. This quote explains the concept fairly well:
"Knitting is widely practiced by non-professionals and tends to be a people's craft. Therein lies much of its interest and the fascination of knitting history."
I am very glad I am reading Rutt's overview of knitting history. Enjoying knitting as much as I do, it seems wrong that I should develop misconceptions or remain ignorant about certain aspects of knitting. I would rather be accurate than not! Besides, as Rutt observed, knitting is such a strangely fascinating part of history. Knitting is far from ancient, and yet it remains somewhat mysterious. We will never know what people group (or is it groups?) invented knitting, and we will never know how they did it.
Also, I want a knitting belt. Or stick.
Comments
Post a Comment