Blankets of snow
Deep snows and heavy flakes drive my favorite daydreams (well, my favorite winter daydreams). The only problem is that, though seemingly magical, nothing magical ever seems to happen. Where's the sleigh gliding down my road? Humph!
I did go sledding today, in any case, if that means anything! And I shoveled a little yesterday night, even though it was perhaps unnecessary since my dad was snow-blowing at that time. Essentially, what I'm saying is: eleven inches of snow is basically bliss to me.
But, alas! (Forgive my lament.) Christmas has passed, my break has reached its peak (17 more days and then I leave home again), and I've given myself too many projects again. If not for my loom beside me, I would grab a blanket and a book, and I'd curl up into a ball for the rest of the day.
And that is all. I doubt you would like a list of my Christmas gifts (headlamp, yarn, needles, boots--you know the drill), and I don't particularly want to give it either. Just know that it was a wonderful day; relaxing and sweet and simple. It was just as Christmas is supposed to be.
Now I'll leave with a smile, a nod, and two pictures.
:)
both, GORGEOUS... but that simple towel is kind of doing me in. MIght have to place some orders with you when you catch up on your project list..
ReplyDelete