Thoughts as Flowers
I suppose, for all my beliefs of holding each day to its own beauty, I
am in the mood for Spring. All the bright and cheery colors seem to blossom from
magazines in prints of pink and yellow; I, of course, am pining for them. And, alas, I am afraid I have a growing weakness for anything sweet or pretty or flowery.
My little case is coming along slowly. Hopefully I will finish it by the end of break, since I want to use it while at school! If, in my boredom, I continue to loaf and browse Facebook ceaselessly, I will never finish this dear piece of work. But the embroidery is really very fun, so it's not too much of a chore to work on. The only matter is that I've begun to loaf....
Other news: my cousin visited for a few days, which was altogether a very good time. Sure, one afternoon we took a nap together, but we also did productive things like talk, watch Wives and Daughters by BBC, carve crayons, and make little books!
Now, I'll freely admit, the carvings did not work out as we had planned; they are not being displayed for all the world to snicker at. The books did turn out well, though. I plan on carrying it about with me for when thoughts bubble in my head during the day. Therefore, I titled it Thoughts.
You bet I made a title page. I pulled out all my pens and ink, thought briefly on what fonts to use, and scribbled away.
It's a simple book with its fabric-bound cardboard covers, and my cousin could tell you that hers turned out straighter and cleaner than mine, but she HAD made it once before in the form of this lovely little thing. Or, I suppose I could just reluctantly nod and admit that I am a little too quick and imperfect when I craft. Great ideas just take too much time, you know.
Conclusion: Knitting limits my speed, which is why it's the perfect craft for me. It forces me to take time on things. I have lots of time to actually think things out. If I rush into a knitting project, I quickly rush back out. So great.
I ought to at this time announce I am still plucking away at the sweater. The back's done, and the front is a good many inches down. I like it, and it's coming along wonderfully!
And yet, I work on these crafts as well when I cave to my little whims. But, seeing that my whims were inspired by warm breezes and sunshine, their product must have those qualities as well.
Except, I am forced to acknowledge, the crayon carvings were without such qualities....
so glad you girls had a good time.. fabulous crayon carvings or no ;-)
ReplyDelete