May, in all its glory
I have been reluctant to blog lately, mostly because I do not have a finished project yet. I have two that are pleasantly nearing the End, but neither has crossed that threshold as of today. Of course, it would be likely that one or the other would be done by now except that I split my time between the two! But I admit, I get bored easily, and I'd rather give myself a variety to work on.
The reason that I AM posting today is that I have a new skill that I wanted to show off. I do not have a swift or ball-winder, nor anything else like them. Therefore, when I came across a blog post on how to roll your own center-pull balls of yarn....I squealed with joy.
I realize that, if you do not knit or crochet, this means very little to you. However, this means AWESOMENESS to me. I am fairly thrilled.
No, I am more than fairly thrilled: I am tempted to take all my skeins of yarn and roll them up into my own center-pull balls! I even made this one more oblong so that it would sit upright and not roll all over the place.
The yarn is beautiful, I think. I (very luckily) got three skeins of this yarn from a yarn swap that I went to a while back. This lovely, lofty, soft Cascade wool is quickly becoming a shawl. I hope to show it off sometime soon, in its garter and lace loveliness. Certainly, the shawl is quaint and warm, if nothing else.
Until next time!
Comments
Post a Comment