Pretending to be Scottish
I told my roommate that I thought it was appropriate to speak in a Scottish accent when weaving plaid. She laughed at me a little for it. Of course, I think she was also laughing at the accent in which I was speaking. Whatever it was, I am fairly sure that it wasn't Scottish....
I have not gotten around to weaving true tartan, anyway, only some plaid of my own imagination. Once I get around to actually weaving like a Scot, then I should look into learning a real Scottish accent.
I bring this story and explanation up because I have just finished another set of dishtowels. Tartan or not, the plaid is cute and I love the dishtowels I have just finished. Think about it: horizontal stripes are meshed with vertical stripes, and suddenly plaid is growing before your eyes. How cool is that?
I am totally weaving a wool plaid blanket someday. Then I can wrap myself in plaid and drink tea.
Comments
Post a Comment