A night as this
The forget-me-not is a symbol of faithfulness and enduring love....
Besides that, it is the prettiest of blues and so happens to be my favorite flower. I find them absolutely and positively charming.
To all my dear friends I have just left behind, I dedicate this bed of blossoms to you!
Alas, I am home again. Glad to be, of course, but still sorry to leave so many behind. I had a wonderful year, though with a few downs, some stressful (maybe tearful) nights, and, especially this semester, very little time to spare. Still, I am one year older, I have two years of school under my belt, a truckload of experience to tow behind, and there is a glimmer of light on the edge of my horizon--could it be wisdom?
I am back for the summer. I have been deprived of my needles and loom long enough. My room is rearranged, my things (mostly) put away, a fresh breeze is drifting through my window, and a tired cat is stretching at my feet. If there was ever a time to sing of hope, I believe it would be on a night like this.
Comments
Post a Comment